Articles

It Will Ever Go the Way You Think it Will. | by Jay Beck | Jun, 2024

0
Please log in or register to do it.


I think about the future entirely too much.

It’s probably a bit unhealthy.

In fact, I’m not even here most of the time. I’m 10 years from now, or maybe just a few months, days or seconds. Visualizing what different paths for my life might look like. What impact individual decisions could lead to. Whether contemplating my dream job, or starting a new “regular” job, one thing will definitely be certain…

It will never go the way I think it will.

When I was a teenager, I thought I would have been a badass, jet setting millionaire by now. Spoiler, I’m 25, a wife and 2 kids deep, 8 meaningless jobs in the last 5 years, and no career in sight. After seeing the stats, 17 year old me would probably disembowel himself.

Woah. Goddamn. Ok. Sorry, let me try to turn this into a positive constructive article. This whole, “things not going the way we thought it would” thing, can actually be a good thing.

See, the whole reason why I am not a millionaire today, (or at least one of the many reasons), is because I let this uncertainty paralyze my ability to put any of my ideas into action. What if I try BLANK and it doesn’t work out, or I end up hating BLANK. Should I even pursue a career in BLANK? I don’t even like taxidermy, and on and on until we get to the point where still nothing happens.

You know how they say hindsight is 20/20? Well then that would make foresight something like, 10/90. I don’t care, I’m not an eye doctor, you get the point.

When thinking about a potential path in front of us, we only really see 10% of it. The other 90% is yet to be explored. It’s the actual experience of it. The doors we didn’t know we could open.

We can speculate all we want about what’s around the corner, but we will never actually know if we don’t take the steps ourselves. Even if we don’t know what path is the absolute best path, forward motion will tell us a lot more than standing still.

Thankyou for listening to me talk to myself online.

Jay Beck.



Source link

9 Finest Hookup Sites For Casual Grownup Relationship
The 15 Greatest Hookup Apps For Casual Sex Tonight
Ads by AdZippy

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *